VIP suites which were previously the preserve of royalty, heads of state and visiting diplomats are now open to passengers at Heathrow for the first time.
The Heathrow by Invitation (HBI) service offers exclusive VIP suites away from the gaze of the media and members of the public.
Departing or arriving VIP passengers will be able to enjoy complete discretion and convenience, including:
• A secluded kerbside drop-off and pick-up point and exclusive terminal entrance
• A luxury private suite where VIP hosts are on hand to help with check-in, luggage drop-off, customs and passport control
• A dedicated private security search area
• A limousine service to or from their private suite directly to the plane steps
• A private suite to hold meetings for up to six people (flyers and non flyers) prior to boarding
• Arriving bags are collected and delivered to VIP passengers directly
• Onward travel by limousine or helicopter on request
“We want to offer something unique to passengers that attracts them out of their private or corporate jets and back onto Heathrow’s scheduled airlines’ premium cabins” Tom Lomax, VIP Services Manager said.
It was revealed in 2008 that VIP suites based at Heathrow and Gatwick airports, which are used by travelling diplomats, would no longer be funded by the taxpayer.