Top 10 Destination Spas of 2013
Find out the best spas in the world with the help of readers of Condé Nast Traveller magazine.
A medically supervised spa in Austria where guests learn everything from proper chewing to sound eating habits, nutrition and therapeutic “self-discovery” was named the best destination spa among readers of Condé Nast Traveller UK.
The Parkhotel Igls in Austria (pictured below) was given top marks for its health-oriented spa treatments based on Modern Mayr Medicine, a six-pronged approach that focuses on cleansing and detoxing the body via fasts or customized diets, tutorials on vitamin and mineral intake, indoor and outdoor activities, and psychological counseling.
CN Traveller readers also gave The BodyHoliday, Le Sport in St. Lucia top marks for its exercise programs, and singled out Ananda in the Himalayas for the quality of its spa treatments.
Here are the top 10 destination spas according to CN Traveller’s Readers’ Travel Awards 2013:
1. Parkhotel Igls, Austria 93.54
2. COMO Shambhala Estate, Bali 93.50
3. Brenner’s Park-Hotel & Spa, Baden-Baden, Germany 92.31
4. Chiva-Som International Health Resort, Hua Hin, Thailand 91.5
5. Banyan Tree Phuket,Thailand 91.10
6. Ananda in the Himalayas, India 90.67
7. Espace Henri Chenot, Palace Merano, Merano, Italy 89.66
8. The Body Holiday, Le Sport, St Lucia 88.58
9. Grayshott, Surrey 87.34
10. Canyon Ranch in Lenox, Massachusetts, USA 86.26