World’s Most Expensive Hotel Suites 2009
The Wealth Bulletin has compiled a new list of the World’s Top Ten Most Expensive Hotel Rooms. Despite the past year’s financial and economic turmoil, prices at the best hotel suites have risen by an average of 10% this year. The winner is the Royal Penthouse Suite at the President Wilson Hotel in Geneva Switzerland […]
The Wealth Bulletin has compiled a new list of the World’s Top Ten Most Expensive Hotel Rooms.
Despite the past year’s financial and economic turmoil, prices at the best hotel suites have risen by an average of 10% this year.
The winner is the Royal Penthouse Suite at the President Wilson Hotel in Geneva Switzerland which charges a whopping $65,000 a night.
Last year’s winner, the iconic Ty Warner Penthouse at the Four Seasons Hotel in New York, came second this time, at $35,000.
New entries this year were the third-placed Presidential Suite at the Hotel Cala di Volpe in Sardinia, the Villa La Cupola Suite at the Westin Excelsior in Rome and the Presidential Suite at the Ritz-Carlton in Tokyo.
Here are 10 of the most expensive hotel rooms in the world :
1. The Royal Penthouse Suite, President Wilson Hotel, Geneva – $65,000 per night
Complete with a cocktail lounge, the Royal Penthouse Suite at the President Wilson is so exclusive that bookings reportedly have to be made through the hotel’s chairman.
The suite occupies the entire top floor of the hotel. It is reached by a private elevator, has four bedrooms overlooking Lake Geneva and Mont Blanc and comes with six bathrooms.
Equipped with bulletproof windows and doors, it is almost exclusively reserved for celebrities or state heads, ideal with the United Nations headquarters a five-minute drive away.
2. Ty Warner Penthouse, Four Seasons Hotel, New York – $35,000 per night
Business at the Ty Warner Penthouse at the Four Seasons Hotel in New York has remained as buoyant as when the suite opened in 2007, according to a spokeswoman.
The nine-room suite has walls inlaid with thousands of pieces of mother-of-pearl.
There is an indoor-outdoor Zen garden, a private spa room with a screen of living bamboo and a book-lined library, which has a grand piano at its centre.
3. The Presidential Suite, Hotel Cala di Volpe, Costa Smeralda, Sardinia – $34,000 per night
The Presidential Suite at Hotel Cala di Volpe near Porto Cervo, averages around $34,000 a night, although during the peak summer season will cost as much as $45,000.
Located in the hotel tower, the multi-level Presidential Suite sprawls across 2,500 sq ft and has three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a private gym, a steam room and a wine cellar.
It is crowned by a rooftop terrace with an outdoor saltwater swimming pool.
4. Villa La Cupola Suite, Westin Excelsior, Rome – $31,000 per night
5. The Presidential Suite, Ritz-Carlton Tokyo –$25,000 per night
6. The Bridge Suite, The Atlantis, Bahamas – $22,000 per night
7. The Imperial Suite, Park Hyatt VendÃ´me, Paris – $20,000 per night
8. Royal Suite, Burj Al Arab, Dubai – $19,600 per night
9. Royal Armleder Suite, Le Richemond, Geneva – $18,900 per night
10. The Ritz-Carlton Suite, The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow – $16,500 per night
Research for this survey was compiled during mid-August. Prices are rate per night including taxes.