Top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world
Rabbit Beach, a beautiful Mediterranean spot on the Italian island of Lampedusa, topped the list of the top 10 beaches in the world.
It’s not a beach in the Caribbean or in the middle of Oceania that’s been named the most beautiful in the world but the Mediterranean coastline of Rabbit Beach in Italy that has taken top honors.
In TripAdvisor’s 2013 Travelers’s Choice Beach Awards, Lampedusa island, the southernmost point of Italy, 115 km away from Tunisia and home to Rabbit Beach, got the most rave reviews from online users of the travel website.
Of the 276 beaches identified among millions of TripAdvisor user reviews, the remote Italian outpost of Rabbit Beach emerged a favorite for its white sandy, pristine beaches and sweeping views of the Mediterranean coastline that looks clear out into the sea.
The best time to visit is May through to September. Aside from sunning oneself on the beach, diving and snorkeling are also popular activities.
One user called it the most beautiful beach on earth for its “Crystal clear blue water which you can walk in for half a mile, sand bars everywhere. I cannot begin to describe how beautiful this place was.”
The only country to boast more than one placement in the top 10 list meanwhile, was Brazil for Baia do Sancho and Lopes Mendes Beach.
Here are the Top 10 beaches around the world, according to TripAdvisor members:
1. Rabbit Beach, Lampesuda, Italy
2. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
3. Whitehaven Beach, Airlie Beach, Australia
4. Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
5. Flamenco Beach, Culebra Puerto Rico
6. Playa de las Catedrales, Ribadeo, Spain
7. Lopes Mendes Beach,Ilha Grande, Brazil
8. Horseshoe Bay Beach, Southampton Parish, Bermuda
9. Eagle Beach, Aruba
10. Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales