The hotel named ‘best in the world’ may surprise you
Triple Creek Ranch in Darby has been ranked as the top hotel worldwide by the Travel and Leisure Magazine’s reader survey.
The best hotel in the world isn’t in New York or Paris, Singapore or Hong Kong. According to readers of Travel + Leisure, that title belongs to Triple Creek Ranch in Montana, where guests sleep under the stars in log cabins.
While it may not be a world-recognized name, the ranch is a member of Relais & Chateaux, an international association of luxury properties made up of historic landmarks, castles and manors, often in bucolic areas in the world.
The typical Triple Creek Ranch guest, meanwhile, books a stay in search of nature and the return to simplicity.
Its impressive placement on the list may also signal a growing desire among travelers for unplugged, nature-centric vacations, editors said.
The site features 23 log cabins across 600 acres, against the backdrop of the Montana Rockies. Each cabin comes with a wood-burning fireplace, hot tub, and the property also offers wine tastings, a chef’s table and helicopter tours of the area.
SEE ALSO: THE RANCH AT ROCK CREEK IN MONTANA
Other big winners of Travel + Leisure’s annual reader’s poll include Crystal Cruises, which maintained its stronghold on the title of world’s best cruise line and Santorini, Greece which took the title of best island.
Here are the world’s Top hotels according to Travel + Leisure:
1. Triple Creek Ranch, Darby, Montana, USA
2. Nayara Springs, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
3. Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, Budapest
4. Southern Ocean Lodge Kangaroo Island, Australia
5. Ocean House, Watch Hill, Rhode Island
6. The Langham, Chicago, USA
7. Singita Sabi Sand Kruger National Park Area, South Africa
8. Londolozi Game Reserve, Kruger National Park Area, South Africa
9. Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur, India
10. Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur, India