25 Best Wines for Summer
From refreshing roses to crisp white wines, our selection of Top 25 Summer Wines is designed to quench your thirst and delight your palate.
With the promise of summer just around the corner, liquor retailers are giving more shelf space to light, crisp, fruity and bubbly wines as people seek out thirst-quenching varieties to accompany al fresco dinners and the heady, sweltering heat.
It’s time to put away the rich, complex reds and oaky whites and stock the wine fridge with lighter wines, particularly rosés which get their star turn during summer, and bottles of bubbly.
Sparkling rosés have become increasingly popular as the ideal summertime drink, combining the light fruity notes of a blushing wine with the effervescence of champagne or sparkling wine.
Meanwhile, here’s a selection of wines deemed ideal for summertime sipping by experts at premium organic retail chain Whole Foods, and Food and Wine magazine that come from California, Washington, France, Spain, Italy, Germany and Portugal.
– Mont Gravet Cotes de Gascogne
– Donnafugata Anthilia
– Robert Mondavi Fume Blanc
– Vinum Cellars Chardonnay
– SeaGlass Santa Barbara Pinot Noir
– Monte Velho Red
– Icardi Barbera d’Asti
– Lamatum Ribera del Duero Crianza
– H&G Washington State Merlot
– Chateau Grand Claret Cotes de Bordeaux
– Cupcake Vineyards Riesling
– Pizzolato Moscato Dolce
– 2010 St. Supéry Sauvignon Blanc
– 2009 Sokol Blosser Pinot Gris
– 2007 Masi Campofiorin Veronese
– 2007 Bodega Norton Reserva Malbec
– 2010 Leitz Dragonstone Riesling
– 2010 Commanderie de la Bargemone Coteaux d’Aix-en-Provence Rosé
– 2008 Genesis Syrah