St Petersburg Named Best Cruise Destination
The world’s cruise travelers have spoken and they have named St. Petersburg, Russia, the best cruise destination for 2016.
The world’s cruise travelers have spoken and they have named St. Petersburg, Russia, the best cruise destination for 2016. Website Cruise Critic’s first cruise destination awards gave the former imperial Russian city top marks for art, history and architecture. Peter the Great would have been pleased.
Cruise Critic’s awards are based on consumer ratings submitted with reviews on the site. Paris was rated the best river cruise destination (that’s for the Seine, which is navigable by ocean-going vessels up to Rouen), while San Francisco took the title of best cruise destination in North America.
Here are some of the big winners:
- Top-rated Alaska Port: Glacier Bay
- Top-rated Asia & South Pacific Port: Mystery Island
- Top-rated Australia & New Zealand Port: Sydney
- Top-rated Baltic & Scandinavia Port: St. Petersburg
- Top-rated Eastern Caribbean, Bahamas & Bermuda Port: St. Maarten
- Top-rated Southern Caribbean Port: Bonaire
- Top-rated Western Caribbean & Riviera Maya Port: Cozumel
- Top-rated British Isles & Western Europe Port: Amsterdam
- Top-rated Eastern Mediterranean Port: Venice
- Top-rated European River Port: Paris
- Top-rated Western Mediterranean Port: Barcelona
- Top-rated Hawaii Port: Kauai
- Top-rated Mexican Riviera & South America Port: Puerto Vallarta
- Top-rated U.S. & Canada Port: San Francisco
- Top-rated Cruise Line Private Island: Castaway Cay
For the full list of winners visit http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/destination-awards/.