Christie’s App for iPad
Christie’s International, the world’s leading art business, has launched its new, free App designed specifically for users of the Apple iPad. The new App takes users on a tour of Christie’s upcoming auctions and enables “at a glance” browsing of hundreds of luxury items and objects to be sold in the company’s salerooms worldwide. Christie’s […]
The new App takes users on a tour of Christie’s upcoming auctions and enables “at a glance” browsing of hundreds of luxury items and objects to be sold in the company’s salerooms worldwide.
Found something you like? With the iPad, App users can:
• View full-motion videos featuring Christie’s specialists explaining upcoming sale highlights.
• View Sale Catalogues and Lot Details: The newest sale catalogues are always at your fingertips, with flip-through access and detailed information about every individual lot in each sale, including dimensions, estimates, provenance, and detailed catalogue notes.
• Full-screen images: The iPad App takes advantage of the device’s full-size display screen to showcase high-resolution images of individual lots.
Users can inspect any item in detail, and rotate and re-orient an image to best fit their screen.
• Browse any Christie’s auction, anywhere in the world: Search upcoming sales at each of our salerooms around the world, so you can easily find items of interest while on the road, or with a client.
• Get Real-time Auction Results: Even if you are not in the saleroom, you can still track sale results in real-time. The App receives results direct from the saleroom and refreshes the tally as each sale progresses, so that users have the latest news at their fingertips, as soon as the hammer falls.
• Email A Lot to a Friend: See an item that is perfect for a client or a friend? Users can select any lot and instantly send a link to it by email, along with a personal note.
• Find A Salesroom: When traveling, its easy to locate any of our 10 salesrooms around the globe with location-aware functionality and Google map links.
In addition to its mobile offerings, Christie’s remains the only international fine art auction house to offer online bidding capability in all of its sale categories worldwide, via Christie’s LIVE, a real-time multi-media bidding application.
The online channel now accounts for one-fifth of Christie’s sale registrants and registrations, and one-quarter of the company’s bidders.
At the close of November 2010, the dollar value of lots sold online exceeded $88.9 million for the year.
The free App is available in the iTunes App Store, or by visiting Christie’s Website.