The Top 10 Ski Resorts in North America for 2014
Condé Nast Traveler magazine has named Colorado as the top ski destination in the US with the St. Regis Aspen Resort taking the top spot.
Colorado has emerged as the top ski destination in the US according to readers of Condé Nast Traveler magazine, who gave the St. Regis Aspen Resort top marks for its ”gilded age” grandeur, butler service and stunning setting.
In the latest edition of the publication’s best places to ski in North America ranking, all 20 resorts are found in the US, more than half of which are in Colorado. Canada was conspicuously snubbed this year.
Located steps from the Aspen slopes, the top ski destination in the US leapfrogged its way spectacularly to the top spot from 45th place last year, thanks to a stunning renovation by award-winning interior designer Lauren Rottet, designed to evoke ‘mountain sunsets’ and sumptuous, ‘gilded’ glamour.
Central to the St. Regis Aspen Resort is its premium spa and fine dining services. In collaboration with Food & Wine magazine’s Best New Chef awards, the hotel launched a Chefs Club that features a rotating roster of award winners to develop their menu.
Its newly opened Italian restaurant Trecento Quindici Decano is also helmed by chef David Viviano. The starting rate for double rooms in December is $759.
Here are the Top 10 US resorts according to Condé Nast Traveler readers this year:
1. St. Regis Aspen Resort, Colorado
2. Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creak Mountain, Avon, CO
3. Fairmont Heritage Place, Franz Klammer Lodge, Telluride, CO
4. Lumiere Telluride, Telluride, CO
5. Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa, Lake Placid, New York
6. Four Seasons Resort Jackson Hole, Jackson Hole, Wyoming
7. St. Regis Deer Valley, Park City, Utah
8. Four Seasons Resort Vail, Vail, CO
9. Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe, Tahoe, CA
10. Stowe Mountain Lodge, Stowe, Vermont