The world’s most checked-in places
With more than 2 million Facebook check-ins, the Los Angeles Airport has emerged as the place people like to brag about passing through the most.
With more than 2 million Facebook check-ins, the Los Angeles Airport has emerged as the place people like to brag about passing through the most, according to SocialBakers.
In a sign that people are most inclined to broadcast their whereabouts when they’re about to jet off to another destination, the list was dominated by airports, most of which came from within the US.
Other places people liked to crow about checking into included Disneyland and Times Square in New York, while it seems that residents in Pennsylania and West Virginia seem to particularly enjoy telling their friends when they’ve arrived home.
The only non-US places to crack the top 20 list include one of the main airports in Thailand and a popular hub for holidaymakers in South East Asia; a major shopping center in Bangkok and one of the biggest in Asia, the Siam Paragon; and the Hong Kong International Airport.
Here were the Top 20 Facebook check-ins as of August 12, 2013:
1. Los Angeles International Airport
2. Facebook Palo Alto
3. Chicago O’Hare International Airport
4. San Francisco International Airport
5. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
6. Home, Pennsylvania
7. Hong Kong International Airport
8. Denver International Airport
10. Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
11. Suvarnabhumi Airport BKK; Thailand
12. Times Square NYC
13. Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
14. Amsterdam Airport Schipol
15. McCarran International Airport
16. Orlando International Airport
17. Home, West Virginia
18. Boston Logan International Airport
19. Philadelphia International Airport
20. Siam Paragon shopping mall, Bangkok, Thailand
For the complete list, visit www.socialbakers.com.