This year, during Milan Furniture Fair, Veuve Clicquot is revealing DesignBox – its own exclusive eco-friendly gift box – and showcasing three interpretations of DesignBox by Tom Dixon, Front Design and 5.5 Designers.
These collaborations are being presented as part of an installation called â€œOut of The Boxâ€ at Superstudio+.
These are the latest in a string of collaborations between Veuve Clicquot and some of the best names in the world of design including Andree Putman, Porsche Design Studio, Pablo Reinoso, Christophe Pillet, Karim Rashid, Fredrikson Stallard and Jason Bruges.
1) Couch by Front design (frontdesign.se)
2) Lamp by Tom Dixon (tomdixon.net)
The design and production of DesignBox includes a number of innovations that also reinforce Veuve Clicquot’s commitment to sustainability:
- The box is mono-material – made of just paper – which avoids difficulties associated with recycling and certain fabrication processes that are often polluting
- No plastic lamination (protective plastic film) is used in the box – with inks, glues and solvents representing less than 5% of the total weight of the product
- The paper used comes from forests under management of the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council), a non-profit organization established to promote the responsible management of our forests.
- Micro-grooving reduces the usage of paper in packaging
The DesignBox will be launched commercially in June 2009