Forbes‘ new list has declared Hollywood star Tom Cruise world’s highest earning actor after he took home $75 million between May 2011 to May 2012.
While Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol collected close to $700 million worldwide, the 1980s musical Rock of Agesstarring Cruise wasn’t a big draw.
Last year’s highest-paid actor, Leonardo DiCaprio, placed equal second on the list with Comic actor Adam Sandler after each collected $37 million.
The recent winner of ten Razzie Awards may make critically panned films, such as Jack and Jill, but the movie grossed $150 million worldwide.
In June, Forbes released its list of the highest paid actresses and Twilight star Kristen Stewart topped the list with $34.5 million, while her male costars tied on the actor’s list at $26.6 million, which is more than third-place Sandra Bullock earned with $25 million. There’s inequality in salaries even at the top.
1. Tom Cruise — $75 million
2. Leonardo DiCaprio — $37 million
3. Adam Sandler — $37 million
4. Dwayne Johnson — $36 million
5. Ben Stiller — $33 million
6. Johnny Depp and Sacha Baron Cohen — $30 million
8. Will Smith — $30 million
9. Mark Wahlberg — $27 million
10. Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner — $26.5 million
Check out the actors’ list: forbes.com